You can expect to lead on the measurement of product performance and customer behaviour, define the right metrics to monitor the impact of new features and present findings and outcomes to key stakeholders. You’ll regularly present data findings in various ways that provide a concise story and effectively explain customer behaviour/performance.
Collaboration across the team is key as you will work with a diverse set of skills and personalities. You’ll be even more effective in this role if you’re able to build relationships with stakeholders and work with our product managers to provide actionable insights and analysis. You’ll support them with ad-hoc deep dive analysis & insight requests that will drive product decisions that have real impact, seeing products through from discovery and design to delivery and deployment.
- Strong and proven analytical background as a Senior/Principal Data Analyst (or similar role) in a commercial environment.
- Commercially minded with an eye for detail that allows you to produce deep analysis going beyond the initial questions of stakeholders to deliver new and actionable insight.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience querying large sets of data. You’ll right lots of SQL!
- Expertise in the many facets of data analytics, particularly statistical inference and modelling, data modelling, programming (e.g. Python/R), storytelling and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present complex messages both verbally and in writing to stakeholders and colleagues at different levels of seniority.
- A first-principles approach to problem solving, a motivation to make a big impact on our business and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A competitive salary.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Flexible working (1day in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup and build products that will change an industry.
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape.
- If you’re into cars, opportunities to work with vehicle data and learn about the automotive industry. We also have some fun, car-related activities (as well as non-car fun too!)
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.