Our Engineering department is going through a phase of growth, where we have more features to build than people to build them! This is a greenfield project where you will be developing brand new features, solving some very interesting problems in transforming an industry.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will join the seller confirmation and verification team and be responsible for building new and innovative products that target millions of users. You’ll be working with a team of between 8-10 people in an agile squad, part of a wider community of practice in both Engineering and the Front End Guild.
What you'll do
- Work to improve performance and stability of our applications as we scale.
- Focus on building highly maintainable, reusable, scalable and reliable code.
- Develop front-end technology, launching new features with a focus on user experience and reliability.
- Bring industry best practices to everything you do
- Work hand in hand with design and product to collaboratively build work that has excellent UX and quality values - each squad has a dedicated product owner and design lead.
- Be part of our flat-structured development team and being involved in the technical and product strategy of the business.
- Champion and implement software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure.
We encourage you to apply, even if you might not meet all the requirements. You’ll be directly reporting to an Engineering Manager, who will help mentor and guide you in your career.
- Any previous work with image uploading and OCR processing will be incredibly useful.
- Familiarity with translations, accessibility and best practices.
- Understanding of web design patterns, including SOLID principles of design.
- Typescript is a bonus, but not essential
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential.
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile team environment.
- Experience working with automated testing and continuous integration and delivery.
- A competitive salary.
- Significant stock options - we succeed and fail together as a team - we want you to be included in our success
- £500 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hybrid working with the option to work from home for a month per year (1day/week on site)
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup and build products that will change an industry.
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape.
- If you’re into cars, opportunities to work with vehicle data and learn about the automotive industry. We also have some fun, car-related activities (as well as non-car fun too!)
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.